Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hi everybody

My name is Brock Houston and I am the TA for the class this summer! I'm really excited to be a part of the class and travel with you students for the next 5 weeks. A little about me, I grew up in the Missouri and my Bachelor's degree in Marine Biology (yes they have Marine Biology majors in the Midwest where you are as far from marine as you can get). I worked at the Gulf Coast Research Lab in southern Mississippi as an intern and then I moved to Florida, where I am currently getting my Master's degree from USF's College of Marine Science. My work is analyzing fish otoliths from Louisiana and Florida to determine if their growth was affected by the BP oil spill. I am looking forward to this summer and getting to know all of you in the following weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment