Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hello my name is Layna Moehl and I am a senior at the University of North Florida with a major in Coastal Environmental Science. Im super excited to explore and learn about all the coastal ecosystems in Florida with you guys! I originally grew up in St. Petersburg beach, where I volunteered at the Clearwater Marine aquarium through most of High school and then when I graduated moved to Jacksonville to attend UNF. Throughout my degree I have done various ecological work with professors at UNF in the nearby coast/river/estuarine areas. Our research ranged from tagging/analyzing sharks and rays, American eel migration tracking, and developing fisheries for invasive lionfish. Ive always lived on the beach and am very passionate about the ocean and learning new ways for maintaining its  important ecosystems for future generations to come. I SCUBA dive offshore around Jacksonville whenever I can to see what more the ocean beholds.  I plan to attend grad school in the marine environmental science track once I graduate and continue researching the local coasts of Florida and maybe even beyond. Cant wait to meet everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment