Friday, May 16, 2014

First Week...

... WAS FANTASTIC!



In less than 48 hours us 12 have become a little family! Happy is an understatement with the group of people I have met. It was only good vibes from the start. As excited as I was before, I am now TOO excited to travel with some of the coolest people I could possibly be with!
Selfie with everyone and the wax model!
Layna climbs trees on her free time.
Breeze was teaching me what a selfie was
 



Horseshoe crab at Northshore with everyone!
Practicing the selfie...



First attempt at real selfie!!!

Although we had a lot of fun hanging out on our time off, we also had a lot of class time. We even did our homework (and are currently making our blogs while Wally and Danielle cook us dinner) together.

Density lab!
This tool can see electrons!!!
The melting point was 60 degrees celcius... Wally still can't resist



We learned a lot. Over the course of only a few days, we learned about the ocean, its abiotic factors, remote sensing, plate tectonics and wax models, and so much more than we could have imagined. We learned about the ocean layers and many factors that could affect the buoyancy, density, etc. There was an adaption challenge that was a team work activity, which made me happy! :)

My personal favorite was the kayaking we all did. The clouds were close and the currents were semi-powerful. I also almost fell into the water, that was pretty cool. Everyone was splashing each other and waiting for everyone to catch up. We were all laughing, and I saw a group that was worry-free. Being the slowest paddler, I was able observe everyone, and you could never tell that we had only met a mere four hours before that moment. 

We finally made it to the first weekend (after two long, tiring, endless days), and I just keep reminding myself that even though I was scared to travel such a long way for the first time alone, I have nothing to worry about for the next six weeks with these wonderful people.


  Here's to a great semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment