Sunday, June 22, 2014

High five.........Scuba Dive!!!!!


     So the class is already over and I must say it flew by.  Seems like just a few days ago when I first arrived to St. Pete for the introductory week.  I have learned so many things over the course of the past five weeks but most importantly I have begun to apply this knowledge into my life outside of class.  I am going to miss each and every one of the places we visited.  This Field Studies course has given me a very broad understanding of most of the applications involved in marine science research.   It was excellent to be involved with the Florida Institute of Oceanography for this unique opportunity.   My favorite learning experience was during our time spent at the Keys Marine Lab and MOTE Marine Lab.  I hope to pursue a masters degree in something involving coral research and conservation.
     In an attempt to preserve some of the memories that have been gathered over the past five weeks I will be putting together a video highlight reel from hours of GoPro footage taken at each location.  I wish the class could continue for the entire summer and we were able to spend two weeks in each location.  I am going to miss everyone from the class very much but I know we will all keep in touch and hopefully either one day work in together or in the same field with the common goal of preserving our oceans. I want to thank all the professors and Brock our TA for being so UN-Brock-able!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment