Sunday, June 22, 2014

I'm not crying I swear... it's allergies...

I've put off my final blog for as long as I can. The final blog I'm posting is a representation that FIO 2014 is indeed over. It's a representation that life has returned to normal. It's a representation that these 12 amazing friends are no longer together. There's a part of me that cannot possibly fathom the idea that the family I've made is now distributed throughout Florida all over again and that I can't just wake up and bombard them next door .
While I found the end of this week to be completely necessary, it was also devastating. There were some crying all day in class and I couldn't help but agree to these feelings as well.

It wasn't all bad though! We all realized that we weren't far at all. We realized that we are indeed the same family, living our lives, but will always come back. I loved dealing with all the quirks, all the nights of helping each other out, and listening to everyone when they needed a helping hand. It was really nice of all my classmates to stick around and still be my friend even AFTER the baked macaroni night! I couldn't wait for others to come party in 307 with us! I would give anything in order to confide in each and everybody individually then give them a hard time about talking about it. I really am going to miss laughing as much as we all did! My six pack might slowly start fading out now considering nobody else is as funny! I'll miss the dance parties in the 8 by 10 foot rooms that eight of us shared. I'll miss all the times that are blog inappropriate as well....
 
I wouldn't have traded this for the world! I've learned some of the utmost skills involving Oceanographic research. This went beyond the grade though. The experience was far more important. On the weekends we were able to separate and go home, but we all stuck together instead and explored places that were within where we were at!
 
I can honestly say I have grown as a person. Being the first time I ever travelled away from home without holding someone's hand, I was enlightened. I realized that you never truly know what or even who is out there. Luckily, we got a group who is currently together! It warms my heart knowing that we didn't say goodbye, rather told everyone we loved each other and said we would be back. I love my family, I love this course, and I love that there's no reason to hide it.
 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment